The ears are one of the most sensitive organs of the human body. Apart from the evident function of allowing one to hear, they also help the human body maintain balance. Therefore, using random products and devices to clean your ears is a bad idea. Even some of the most popular ear-cleaning products can sometimes prove harmful and can damage your eardrums.
This is why it is essential to learn about the effective ways to practice ear cleaning in Adelaide to get rid of discomfort and help with better hearing.
3 Best Ways to Clean Your Ears
If you are looking for efficient ways to keep your ears clean, check out these tried and tested methods to get the best results:
- Use a Damp Cloth – Ear wax serves an important function in our body. They prevent dust and insects from getting inside your ear, which is very crucial. When too much wax is accumulated, it gets pushed out of the canal on its own. At this stage, use a piece of damp cloth to wipe the outer portion of your ear canal to remove excess wax.
- OTC Cleaning Drops – One of the safest ways to clean your ears is to use over-the-counter cleaning drops. These drops are useful in melting wax from the ear canals and help get rid of stuffiness.
- Irrigation Kit – If you are looking for effective ways to get rid of ear irritation, consider irrigation for ear cleaning in Adelaide. Irrigation or a bulb syringe helps to break down solid ear wax and helps cleanse ear canals.
What to Avoid while Cleaning Ears?
When trying to clean your ears, steer clear of some of the popular methods of cleaning. Following are a few of the methods of ear cleaning that are known to do more harm than good:
- Q Tips – Q Tips or cotton swabs are among the conventional methods of cleaning the inside area of the ear canal. They can be pretty dangerous, as pushing a swab too deep can severely damage your eardrum.
- Ear Candling – This is a pure hoax. There are no proven records of this technique actually working. It is needless to say that fire can be a serious safety hazard and may result in severe injuries.
- Oil – Wax is a naturally sticky substance. Adding any kind of oil to the ears can further worsen the condition by attracting more germs and bacteria.
Get Professional Help from Independent Hearing
When it comes to sensitive organs like ears, you should never take cleaning them casually. For effective and safe ear cleaning in Adelaide, it is best to seek professional medical help. You may visit a hearing clinic to get your ears cleaned by a professional. These professionals remove wax with vacuums for a safe and effective ear cleaning.
Although ear wax is necessary, it can make you feel quite uncomfortable at times. Too much wax can impact your hearing capacity while worsening bacterial growth in the ear canals. When you are feeling uneasy, it can be due to various reasons. The best idea is to consult a professional to get an effective ear cleaning in Adelaide.