Delicate clothes made up of fragile fabrics, like silk, require specialised attention and care. These clothes are more susceptible to wear and tear caused by washing or drying up. Some of the most delicate fabrics include satin, silk, lace, and other sheer fabrics like chiffon. These fabrics require dry cleaning as regular machine laundry or hand washing erodes the surface of clothes and makes them rough.
While Gold Dry Cleaners is here to provide you with top-tier dry cleaning and laundry in Knightsbridge, this article will discuss four reasons why your delicate clothes need dry cleaning. Let’s begin!
What Is Dry Cleaning?
Dry cleaning is similar to regular home laundry but without water and detergent. Instead, it uses a liquid solvent to clean your clothes. That liquid solvent has little or no water and is specific for delicate clothes.
When you purchase certain luxury clothes, you see the tag inside them that says ‘Only DRYCLEAN’, which is due to a reason. Manufacturers provide washing directions to prevent the fabric surface from eroding. Dry cleaning can and should be used for anything that might require gentle handling or may shrink, such as:
- Pleated clothing
- Fabrics such as Cashmere and Acrylic
So, if you’ve bought a new gown or a classy silk scarf and are confused about getting it cleaned, the answer is dry cleaning!
Reasons Your Delicate Clothes Need Dry Cleaning
Delicate clothes require special care and attention. They are more prone to getting damaged by everyday wear and tear issues or washed incorrectly. If these clothes are mistreated by washing incorrectly, they can shrink, get creases, go snag or out of shape and often get discoloured and lose their shine. Here are some reasons why your delicate clothes need dry cleaning:
1. Dry Cleaning Can Remove Hard Stains
Dry Cleaning is capable of removing a variety of stains that regular washing sometimes fails to remove, thanks to the use of specialised solvents instead of detergent and water. Plus, the method is gentler on clothes, especially those made of delicate fabrics. Here is a list of breakdown of the stains dry cleaning can remove:
- Some common oil-based Stains Dry Cleaning Can Remove are stains from Cooking oil, Butter, greasy foods, Skincare products (like lotion and some makeup types), Motor oil, and Petroleum jelly.
- Common Protein-Based Stains Dry Cleaning Can Remove stains that come from Sweat, Blood, Dairy Products, and Meat.
- Common Tannin-Based Stains Dry Cleaning Can Remove include stains from Coffee, Tea, Fruit Juice, Soft Drinks, Red Wine, Alcohol, and Grass.
- Common Dye-based Stains Dry Cleaning Can Remove include stains from Pen Ink, Permanent Marker, Candy, Mustard, Turmeric, etc.
On the flip side, if you opt for washing out these harsh stains on your own, there is a high chance delicate fabrics will fall apart. Even the most gentle detergents and mildest cycle options in your machine can affect these items. So, it’s better not to take any risks with your precious clothes and call professionals to help!
2. Maintains Delicate Fabrics
Dry cleaning not only gets hard stains out but is also more efficient in preserving the colour and shape of your favourite clothes. Not to forget the cherry on the top; it avoids shrinking! The credit once again goes to the solvents used in dry cleaning. Being lighter than water, these solvents treat your fabrics delicately without damaging fibres. On the contrary, using water can sometimes make fabrics shrink, lose colours, or get frayed.
Apart from this, the strong spin of regular washing machines can also contribute to the damage. Delicate fabrics are extremely fragile and have to be handled with the utmost care. As a perfect solution to this, dry cleaning employs spinners that spin more gently and slowly, causing no harm to the fabric.
Dry Cleaners can easily maintain delicate fabrics. You might be worrying about how to get red wine or ketchup stains out of your clothes. The best thing to do is to take it to a dry cleaner as soon as possible before the stain sets and dries up. You should avoid using stain removers on clothes that are only to be dry-cleaned as once these stains get set by using detergents; they are hard to get out.
3. Dry Cleaners Are Professional
Professional dry cleaners bring their expertise to the table, which ensures your items will be properly washed and cared for. Also, they offer benefits that are almost impossible to receive from at-home washing/drying. Let’s go through a few benefits of hiring professional dry cleaners.
- For tough stains and unpleasant odours, it’s best to rely on the expertise of professional dry cleaners rather than using a home washer and dryer.
- Getting your clothes professionally dry cleaned can avoid the chance of accidents that may occur during a wash at home, such as discolouration, shrinking, or any other negative effects. This ensures your clothing not only looks better but also feels great on your skin.
- Professional dry-cleaning is the perfect choice if you have a large amount of items that need to be dry-cleaned. Professional Dry Cleaners Knightsbridge specialise in handling wedding dresses, men’s suits, formal wear, and other household items. Hiring someone like Gold Dry Cleaners can save you from a lot of hassle. Just make a few calls and save yourself some time.
4. Dry Cleaning Saves Your Time
Taking your clothes to dry cleaners not only preserves their allure but also saves you a lot of valuable time. It can take quite some time to wash or dry clean your clothes on your own. It may as well take all day to fold and fix your sweaters and shirts in your closet.
You can save enough time by taking your clothes to dry cleaning and utilising that time for other more important chores. You will get your garments returned to you after getting professionally cleaned, pressed and ready to wear! It saves you a lot of effort and time for washing and drying the clothes on your own, taking up the whole day, and investing all your energy in physically demanding tasks.
Does Dry Cleaning Clean?
Many people mistakenly believe that dry cleaning is ineffective because it does not leave clothes with the familiar fresh scent associated with washing. However, dry cleaning is actually very effective at removing settled dust particles and oil-based stains. It may not eliminate lingering odours, but it does an exceptional job of removing dirt and stains while also leaving clothes with a lovely flowery scent reminiscent of a breezy summer afternoon.
In addition to cleaning, dry washing also sanitises clothes by removing all germs safely. The process removes cloth stains and disinfects clothing with the use of anti-bacterial chemicals and high temperatures and steam. This ensures that all germs or bacteria that may have made a home on your clothing are eliminated.
If you are looking to preserve premium garments or your luxury wedding gown, dry cleaning is the first step. Once-worn dresses must be properly maintained to remain in mint condition, and dry cleaners have the professional experience and knowledge to do just that. It is the best option for cleaning and maintaining expensive clothes without ruining them.
Do you need professional help with your “Dry Clean Only” clothing? Save yourself some time and go for Gold Dry Cleaners, the best Dry Cleaners In Knightsbridge. Contact us today to avail our FREE pick-up and delivery services.
Visit Site: viralnewsup